Voilà Weekly Meeting
2019 / 10 / 07
- Sylvain Corlay
- Zach Sailer
- Vidar Fauske
- Andrew Schlaepfer
- Brian Granger
- Martin Renou
- Maarten Breddels
- The move of Voila to Jupyter: proposal was submitted to Jupyter Steering Council.
Faster Rendering in the case of Progressive Rendering (Martin)
- Martin presented his PR to speed up progressive rendering
Spinner logo when Voila executes the Notebook (Martin)
Error management (Martin)
- Prevent showing traceback and exception names, which could expose code.
- Except when the –debug command-line argument is used
Optimized GIFs for screencasts and change of git history? (Sylvain)
- GIF screencasts take a lot of space and could be optimized
- However, if only removed from master, they would remain in the GIT history
and downloaded at every clone operation.
We could also remove them from the GIT history which Would force everyon
who currently has open PR to rebase their PR.
Phoila demo (Vidar)
- blocking on the Jupyter-server migration to ExtensionApp
- uses the jupyterlab build and extension system
- allows the use of e.g. jupyterlab mime renderer
- discussion on whether this could be a voila template, and upstreaming of logic.
(Ensues more discussions about Jupyter server migration - tabled to jupyter_server)
- Jupyter Server Weekly Meeting
- First meeting is happening this Thursday, October 10th. (your timezone)